Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Virginia Wild Flowers

Virginia Wild Flowers Series of Small Format Watercolors includes special horses, wild life and some wayward domestics.

"Karl"
4x6 inches
Watercolor

For the September wildflower series this year I decided to go back to my roots. These studies and small format works might actually bring me back to some serious paintings like those from my days on the mountain.

I (and my assistant and her little dog) traveled to The Phelps Wildlife Management Area.  I am so fortunate to have it so close by. Seriously, I would love to be out west close to the ranges of the wild horses. But here in Virginia this is right in my back yard ... well down the road about 5 min. And people ride their horses, fish, hunt and even walk their dogs there. Local photographers have  a wonderful time with the manged wild flowers that are nurtured to attract birds and wildlife.  Today's paintings is a sample of that little series. Most of which are on Etsy at my Every Day Art Shop at: LindaLMartinArtist.etsy.com And there are more to come.

"Karl"
A Tarpan horse here in Virginia
4x6 inches
Original Watercolor By Linda L Martin
$35.00

Copyright not sold with the item
Domestic Shipping: First Class In USA Free

Proud member of:
~*~CAST ( Christian Artists Street Team)~*~
~*~AWETeam (First Friday Art Walk) ~*~

You can search "CAST" and "AWETeam" to see more participating artists in the Etsy Handmade search.

For more questions you can email me directly at info@LLMartin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment